Thread: Lipo bag
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lipo bag

I personally have about 8 lipo charging bags. They are all in a drawer. I think I will eventually just throw them away. I never use them. They are trash to me.
Reason: Pointless!!!
I had a battery catch fire in a charging bag about 5 years ago. It burned through the bag immediately. My guess, it decreased the flame exposure out of the bag by 1 second.
I was charging the battery on the main level of my house as I was in the basement... These bags have no difference from the bags out on the market now... Could of burned my entire house down. Good thing I have adequate smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. I put it out, but had about 7K in damage...
So, since then, I will only charge batteries when I am directly by the charger. If I have to go do something, I shut it off, unplug the batteries, and unplug the charger. Its a hassle, but it is required for safety and peace of mind. I suggest the same for all of you.
I do like this above suggested charging box. I looked over the manual on the link briefly. I did not see if you could charge multiple batteries. I use the X4, so I charge 4 at a time.
Also, I store all of my batteries in military Ammo boxes. Unless someone has a new/better suggestion.

Last edited by rc13; 01-10-2018 at 09:22 AM.