View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hoarder Special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Such a great build Reg, I almost want to buy you a sound unit just to see and hear it in action.......I said Almost!

It's not just a water truck, you could fill with weed killer too! .
Best looking RC water truck I've ever seen by far.
Thanks Mario. The sound unit will come. I just have to finish all of my other jobs first! Maybe instead of weed killer I could use fertilizer and drive around on the lawn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
that will keep the dust down!! great work reg
Thanks! My sifted gravel just falls apart when it's dry like this but with just a bit of water it packs again. I think this will do the trick perfectly! In the fall it will get a special dump box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselKid View Post
I love this rig! All the details are incredible Reg!

Question for you, I see your awesome scale mounting brackets for the front bumper flaps and the rear flaps, but how did you attach the flaps behind the front fenders? It looks clean, and I'm debating all sorts of methods for fender flaps on my T800....anything from a standard mudflap bracket, to drilling holes in the bottom of the fender and attaching the flap right to the fender.....

Anyway long story short, was wondering how you did those? I hate to snag the awesome flap hangers you put on my dump trailer!

Thanks,
-Alex
Well Alex, it's a pretty big secret.... Wait for it.... wait for it... Nah, I'm just messing with you. The flaps are just glued on the rigid mounts at the back. The front's are pnched and glued into the copper. I wasn't sure if it would work but I didn't want to drill holes so I tried it. I used a flexible CA type glue and it seems to be working well. Having said that I have yet to back into a dirt pile and spin the tires against the flaps like on the dump trucks. That may just pull them off.