View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 03:51 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Started seeding April 19th... I think it was April 22 my a/c in seed tractor was blowing warm air & by very good luck I caught the roaming mechanic go by house & had it recharged within the hr ... then the next week it snows, about 5days off... fire up again & go 10 long days straight, sure thankful I got my a/c charged when I did b/c mid week temps were 30's for highs... now this morning is wet wet wet & 9:20 it starts to snow

Getting worse at 12pm

Out looking at my pea crop yesterday, looking real good at 2" growth... next couple nights forecasted low's -2

Some pics from last week's activities

Neighbor across the fence on Friday afternoon with his 600hp JD track & 70' Seedmaster air drill.

I'm down to 180ac of brown mustard to seed yet, and another half section that was still a swamp yesterday... don't know when I'm going to get in to do anything with that... if I don't get it seeded to durum before June 1st, then it'll be planted sometime this summer when it does dry out with a tri-blend of grass seed... get 5 hay crops from it, then maybe a few yrs of cattle grazing it too should do wonders to rejuvenate the land to near its original glory again for growing grain crops.

Joe