View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 12:22 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Started cutting yellow peas Saturday afternoon (hiredhand took these pics today)

Pea crop looks pretty good throughout

Yield monitor reading about 30% high, this is the highest spike I've seen (85bu/ac), monitor usually shows between 85 - 100 (55 - 70)

But, 3 nights in row had to shut down early b/c of DEF error codes appearing resulting in reduced power Mechanic comes out in the morning to do a software reset... I hope this doesn't turn into a daily routine for entire harvest Last yr didn't have not one hiccup, but then not much crop either getting less half the hrs. Year before when it was brand new DEF errors maybe half dozen times for the season.

Tonite I got this window & it really cut my power, engine slowed to 1800rpm, rotor dropped from 800rpm to 700rpm... after I shut off separator, then engine wouldn't rev above 1250 ...mechanic came out before dark & did a reset, by the time that was done it was already getting cool & tough and sun just went down... hopefully good to go in the morning... maybe tomorrow will be a full day.

These pollution systems on ag equipment is BULLSHYT!!!! Burn more fuel - get less power - f/ked up days with error codes that nobody can answer why

5yr warranty on the DEF, then I be forced to trade up newer or pay to play with old junk...

Joe