View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
looks good you where digging like a pro there. good thing smallhall was not there or i be he would have try to get his hands on that unit crane front shoval. modelman is right about the lip angle on the bucket makes a big difference. on the real ones just by chaning the teeth angle from the adaptor out makes a big diffence. i will look and see i think we have a cad drawing of an esco bucket that you could scale.
By all means get me a drawing. I have a salesman sample of an ESCO bucket and I used it some to build this bucket only I didn't finish it yet as you can see. I'm planning on cutting the teeth off and make up a new cutting edge that may have replaceable teeth. If I had some exact sizes that would make the process way faster.
Carl, I was just playing around with the scaling function in Autocad Friday. Still getting used to ACad and really like it so far. When I drew the 9W side profile back a couple years ago, I drew 1:1 and resized to 1/16. I did that with BobcAD then,it has the same function.