View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 05:10 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

The cable clamp installed and testing fit in the tank ... the servo horn hits the edges, so will have to do something to get the servo further back

3 M3 washers on each side solve the spacing problem, but now the thread from the cable clamp is hitting the edge.

So this gets cut off, the outside cable tube is attached so I can define the exact length I will need before I insert the steel cable.

The servo in place, and the cable and servo wire pulled through the 4.5mm hole I had drilled in the back of the fuel tank. (The cable has been pulled through that hole so many times all the black paint got rubbed off ...)

After this final fitting and cutting the cable hose to size, the steel cable installed, everything back in the tank, the sides clipped on and the tank attached to the frame. Forgot to take pictures from the bottom, but will do when I attach the cable to the front diff lock and adjust the servo.

Set the cab in place to get an idea what it will end up looking

Next up will be the servo block that goes in front of the motor/gearbox, and then have to get out the receiver etc. so I can adjust all the servos.