View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: how do i get my servo to hold neutral positionwith full force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyat View Post
Fhhhstix, I had purchased the 2 servos from servo city and had them do the con-rot mod. They both have a little "pod" wired to them and hanging out. The "pods" have a little dial that has a centering point. Turning it one way causes servo to rotate one direction and visa versa. I dont know how or if that changes your theory.
No all that is for is to set the dead band so it can be used as a continuous turn servo. If that pot you have was in the servo it would return the servo to neutral from either direction, the pot is hooked to the servo out put and that is the signal to return the servo to neutral. With the pot outside your setting the pot to neutral so you’re controlling the center point regardless of the position of the servo. You can make almost any servo continuous run by removing the pot inside like yours.

By not knowing how a servo works you were missled when they called it a winch servo. A winch servo is used for a sail boat where the winch never really holds a load or it is used with a block and pully system for holding power.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11