View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: clifford show roadway project

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic83 View Post
a roundabout? are you crazy those things suck lol (jk), ya mario I like the looks of that, so from what i see its about the same length as last year but maybe twice as wide? I still have the old panels but i think they are not worth using, too thin and will likely warp bad again like last time. also, how to join them? I think last years method would work if we used actual plywood instead of chip board for the pieces underneath.
Roundabout? Yup, it's gonna be around about 25C , sunny skies and a great event lol

I figured it would be better to add width instead of length to the course. That was 2 nice straight stretches last year, way longer than the roads at the Indy event ( except for cruising the hallways of the Marriott which was a blast )
Anyway, twice as wide would be ideal. I know that's a lot more lumber but to have at least a 4 ft expansion instead of 8?
Another thing, if Dwayne brings his real truck that means we have compressed air which means I can bring a nail gun for any on site assembly. We should try and use last years material which is already bought and paid for and yes, if we use something like a 1X6 to secure the sheet joints the uneven edges won't happen? This way, the cost of this years layout is only an expansion instead of a complete revamp. Plywood is great but it's not cheap

I'm sure all your plans will work out Shawn. Remember how one minute I wasn't going to make it to the show and at the last minute things worked out

Mario