View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:31 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Finished up my durum yesterday, still have yellow flax to do in maybe 2 weeks (I hope), then I'm done done! Big change over last yr! I worked by myself for much of harvest, this tandem/pup worked really well, heaped is about 1400 bushel... usually dumped it 4x a day.

This Spring went from crazy wet during planting to bone dry in less than a month & virtually no rain all summer... I say virtually b/c the tenth here & two tenths there was never enough to soak up the ground to make it muddy... wicked compaction created by both the tire tracks of the sprayer & tractor/seed cart lead to patchy crop germination throughout all my durum, the durum was seeded at a depth of 1,5". My peas were seeded nearly twice as deep @3" & no issues; the yellow flax @0,5", 1st 350ac came up great - last 250ac I sprayed out early July b/c germination was 20-30% & I don't need any additional weed populations than I already have

As dry as it has been, crop volume is about one third of last yr, BUT quality is near perfect! Now if the price would reflect that it would be a great yr... apparently much of Europe & Russia are pulling in bumper crops - keeping the price down below last yr's levels.

Joe