View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

I got the motor mounts back form the machine shop today for the 4200XL excavator this afternoon.
unnamed 141 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I sent BOTH mounts, & one motor to the shop, so they knew exactly what I was wanting done. When they came back, they were BOTH on the motor, & secured with the set screws. They said they packaged them together like that so that the set screws WOULDN'T get lost. That was thoughtful of them, & a nice touch of customer service too. The 4200XL Excavator is now back together again, with Soyland Industries upgraded motors in it
unnamed 137 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Shortly after I got home with the motor mounts, my phone rang. A feller that had a broken pop-up canopy called me about a Craigslist ad he had posted for it. He was offering it to anyone that wanted it for scrap. The legs on it are about perfect size for the telescoping metal that I need to build the logging trucks trailer. I rushed over to meet him, & pick it up. FRIZZY THANK-YOU sir for teaching me how to think OUTSIDE the box. Before I found that, I had tried EVERY source I can think of to acquire this stuff. Either it was way too large diameter wise, or had WAY too much slop (like 1/4 of an inch) when the pieces were inserted together. I had been to Metal Supermarkets as well as Onlinemetals.com (they have a branch near enough to me I drove there in person) Evilbay, ALL 8 of the LHS, from Hobby Lobby, to the small mom & pop ones, & even the arts & craft stores in the area..............NOBODY had it

Change in plans! I know that I said the New Bright fire engine would be the next project, BUT.....The Facebook group Pacific Northwest Scale Truck & Equipment (PNWSTE is hosting the next gathering on 3-10-18. There AREN'T any dozers but my lil Bruder D4 conversion. I'll be putting the Bruder D11 dozer at the top of the project list. I need to get it done for the meet. The D4 just isn't big enough to keep up with my 4200XL, now that I got er going again, let alone the OTHER 4200XL that'll be there too! The other one has been extensively modified, painted, and transformed into a Link Belt machine.