View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

That's right Neil, in the instructions it says acetone will dissolve the glue, and if the metal glue nozzle blocks up, a quick bit of heat from a lighter will solve that.

The sheets are 1 to 2mm thick, my tig skills need a lot of refining yet before I'd try tig'ing something as polished as these buckets Lou. The weather warmed up Tuesday to hi's of +5 or more, looks like it's sticking around awhile, hopefully for good... got a lot of work to do prior to seeding that's about 6wks away. Oh man, did I dogf/k the winter & didn't get much accomplished.

Bo, the way youtube has changed it's resolution settings, my old gopro looks blurry even with it's hidef setting @ 200mb/minute, my video posting days are pretty well done with just a wireless connection, too slow & too costly!

rc13 (forgot your name or maybe you haven't told me, can't remember ) Yep! only couple wks left of winter hobby time, hopefully get all these buckets done by the wkend... grain hauling this week got postponed b/c of the sudden warm up to next week, hopefully my yards are dry then.

Finished up the XHD rock bucket L this morning

The brass bolt detail is glued in

Moving onto the XHD rock bucket S (this is for the Scale Art 963), the smaller sheet had a lot of splatter from the lazer cutting on one side, chewed up the orbiter sand pad a bit to get it buffed out. Wipe clean/degrease with acetone... twist the parts out... file where needed... start fitting pieces together... maybe by 5pm have another one done

Joe