View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
So a skidder is next on the list, eh Lou?

Nice work on the grapple & cab guard. Are you gonna add another valve for the grapple? The hyds sure are slow on that loader, eh? I just couldn't stand to run it no more after having the WA500. Where's the antenna and air cleaner?

Do you have any BB's in your steer tires of the lof trk? Might help with steering in the soft ground.
Hey joe For now im just going with a servo to close the grapple..The small cyclinders you see are king hauler shocks...I know what you mean with the steering seems im always waiting for it and seeing the wa 500 vids i can really see the differance..Having 2nd and 3rd gear would be usless ..surprized wedico sold them that way (well maybe not surprized) .Was already looking at the upgrade and thats pretty pricey..May have to do mods myself ...Air cleaner and antenne hmmm..Better check the bottom of the box lol
Good idea with bbs im thinkin that would really help with the steering ...gona give that a try ...sure helps with traction on the loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Good stuff Lou! Hmm, that Cat 966G cleaned up nicely. What did you use to fell the tree in the photo of the Deere excavator? Looking forward to seeing the skidder that must be going with the grapple. Or maybe a forwarder?
Not a skidder and not a forwarder...I hardly ever use the deere roadbuilder so im going to make an extra boom and riser for the cab and turn it into a swing machine with a live heel..I ll keep all the parts handy so if i want to change it back its a simple swap ...Nate You can see the husquvarna 394 resting on the top of the stump...chains pretty dull right now lol ..thanks guys more pics to come..