View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:55 AM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Indy Truck Show 2011

Willy, I think you're correct that Izzy (Chris) is working on this, but I believe that Stepside (Rod) are co-chairing this to coordinate the event with the other clubs/groups. I'm sure that after the East Coast show next week we'll begin hearing more about the Indy Show and what the needs and plans are. I'm planning to be available for "set-up and tear-down", though I won't be able to confirm this 100% until late July. I am planning to be at the show Friday and Saturday for sure at the very least!

I'm hoping that Ric will be able to have his display and continue his support for this hobby as he has been doing for many years now.

What other vendors/suppliers may be potential supporters? I'm referring to those that provide custom parts and/or other R/C releated types of products for our trucks and equipment. Do they get an invitation? How about the guys that are "vendors" here on the forum, how may of you are going to be able to come and what/how much area, if any, do you need?

What types of items do we need for the Event? How many of each type of unit/system do we need or have room for? Do we have the layouts from previous years? Or a scale drawing of the room with dimensions so we can do a layout? I think this a starting point list for the items, and I'm sure there are more, that we need to be thinking about for the show.

1. Bridge(s):
2. Quarry(s) also rubber and how much:
3. Conveyors?
4. Garage(s):
5. Warehouse (s):
6. Fuel Station(s):
7. Truck Stop Parking/trailer storage yard(s):
8. Rail Yard/track:
9. Road material? How much?
10. Vendor (Ric) in the main area, where and how much?
11. Aisleways: how wide, where, spectator area, etc.
12. Pit Pass/area, how many tables, power?
13. Participant parking for thier vehicles (full size) and the unloading area to minimize the "carry distance" for our models.
14. indoor/outdoor carpeting?
15. Registration/Pursuer, who's collecting fund (money) from the participants for the "Pit-pass", etc.
16. Name Badges? These could be simple tags that we put our names on with marker, or something more permanate if we know who's coming. They could be printed with a holder. This could be something that the participant could keep and use at other event too. Maybe have their Forum handle, name, club affiliation, etc. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post, I was just thinking out loud/print on what I thought would be areas for consideration for this show. I'm sure that I have missed many requirements, but hope this is a start. If we can list them and track them we'll make sure everything we need will be done and continue with this great show and its success.

Thank you,

Jim