View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM

Joat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Machinist opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
I will check the site and do some more research before I make a purchase. I do appreciate all the info you guys have given me on this.

On another thought if I went a bit bigger than the tabletop what would you recommend. I have a decent amount of room available in my hobby room, but I also have an old root cellar that I was thinking of converting to my machine shop anyway, if that's the case then I'll have quite a hit more room. In there it's roughly 8x12 or 14 and I can build whatever I need as far as benches shelves framework etc etc etc. so this way may be a better option anyway. Only downside is I would have to do a but of prep work to area, like add some insulation and probably false walls just to keep the temp a bit more stable in there. But again not a huge deal if I have too

--Dan
If your doing small work the 7x's "as they are commonly referred to" are dependent on what your gonna work on, small parts the 7x's are hard to beat,it's hard to do small work on a large lathe?
I would not give up my grizzly , but will be getting a large lathe for other work

Last edited by Joat; 04-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.