View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:20 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Starting out to be a less than ideal yr frizzen... as nuts as it was last fall with the crazy wet weather, crop under snow for a month, crop riddled with disease & trouble with the help; some of the price deals I made afterwards with durum ($422/ac) & yellow peas ($450/ac) were at the right time & I managed to do alright. Next week the grain cleaner is coming to the farm to clean brown mustard, try to get the sample to the buyer's standards so he'll honor the $0.36/lbs contract I have with him... hopefully be another $250/ac to add to the pot.

Alberta has had some decent rainfall so far, but Saskatchewan, Manitoba & much of the mid-western USA is drier than normal, price of wheat has risen 30% in the last couple weeks... a lower yielding - higher quality crop is cheaper to harvest & easier to market.

I've never played the stock market, I figure I gamble away enough with just farming

Joe