View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 10:16 AM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

So I hit a bit of a milestone yesterday. You see, a very daunting task that's been lingering over my head is the wiring for the lights for this truck. And that was on hold while I determine what solution I want for the light/sound unit. I was working on the DIYGuy999's homemade unit, but I haven't fully figured that one out just yet. I'm not giving up on it, but in the meantime decided to try a Beier USM-RC-2 sound/light unit. Since it's an off-the-shelf unit and available in the US through Bob at Hobby Concepts, I figured I'd try it out.

WOW! This thing is powerful! It can do so much. It took me awhile to learn it and get it all sorted, but I managed to make it happen and I'm super excited about it! What does that mean for the truck? Well, it means I can finally start wiring everything up and begin......dare I say it......final assembly??

Yeah, yeah....I know no project is ever "done", but you know what I mean. I also have a few more goodies for the truck that I'll be installing along the way. I'm so stoked to have this thing finally nearing completion!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.