View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Reg your alunumim welding is great, I am going to come down one day and get a lesson.

Great looking truck..
Thanks Greg, you are welcome to come down anytime! I'm not sure if I could teach you much though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Wow your work is some of the best I have ever seen on here. I love your attention to detail and cleanliness of your work. You have inspired me to build a 1/14 scale side dump that I have been holding off for a while now. Now I just have to convince my shop teacher to teach me how to weld aluminum...hmmm
Thank you very much! I'm happy that I could inspire someone else to start a project. I really believe that if it wasn't for this site I would only have two pieces in my collection(maybe that would have been better lol). Welding aluminum can be a bit frustrating but you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Beautiful! How do you stay so motivated, Reg? Sometimes I get frustrated when things don't work out right, and I find myself taking a break. I'll always come back later, with fresh ideas, and work through it, but it just seems like you keep the momentum rolling, no matter what.

The grille guard and ladders looks really nice. With the hood side panels on there, it almost looks complete!
I'm not really sure what motivates me Nate. I'm just trying to stay busy and sane I believe. I think working on this stuff is relaxing to me but only if I can get a lot done at once. I'm a commercial fisherman so there's no getting paid just for being at work and if we don't produce a big catch then we don't make any money. I think that spills over into everything else I do. Sometimes that hurts my builds because I don't spend enough time on a single part but I am getting better with that...I think I used to work on cars/trucks but that hobby got too expensive so here I am!

Thanks for all the compliments! They help to keep me motivated too!

Reg