View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Yes another addition to the garage shop, although it's in the living room!! Thought the wife would say it smells of burning plastic but it is not even noticeable unless you have your nose to the build plate (yes I did) .

Yup print area is about 5x5x5 close. I just printed a part that was 130mm wide. Was making a plate for radio and esc to span the tranny with a vertical area to tie in the back of the cab on the areomax. Bolting onto the frame rails. It was the first part, I did have the edges warp upwards during the last 20min of print. Only let the bed warm up 15min and should have longer but dammit I wanted to see it work!! Figured there will be some learning parts bin . My biggest hurdle is the design software, using autodesign123d (I think / without looking). Figured I'm sure I will be able to get what I want made by using shareware and not $$$ cad software. At least till I know what I'm doing and how much I use it. Have to learn a different way of designing now. With the milling and lathe I had it in my head and only had the measurements written. And during the build I could remove part test fit/tweak ect,,, now I'm realizing how important and useful plans are . My tape measure and calipers use to be a sharpie. Now I think I'm actually going to have use a ruler and calipers. As I have researched a lot from others once you get the hang of it , it becomes easier and very useful in the shop. Been pretty busy lately but will update regularly.