View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 02:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Well.............Having today off I did a little tinkering in the shop. I got a little more done on the Bruder D5 conversion. I crafted this part to re-seal the unit. I had to cut a bit away to fit the drive servos in place. I DON'T want a bunch of mud/dirt/debris getting into it, so I came up with this. Shoe Goo holds it all together.
unnamed (6) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The former shop foreman, here's his new home. He's installed into the seat with double sided stick tape. I DON'T want him to leave that cab, & have another tantrum. Doing so may run off the rest of the hired help.
unnamed (4) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's the inside of the dozer. I re-used the weight from the FAILED attempt I did before. Also The 3D YELLOW grill, is cut to accept a servo. I HOPE to use the servo to lift the blade. Right now the yellow grill is temporary, while fitting everything together. It's yellow because that's the filament that was loaded in the 3D printer at the time of printing it. Later, once I get everything exactly figured out, I'll re-print it in BLACK so it looks more like the 1:1. A big Thank-You goes out to NebraskaTrevor for the STL file of the D5 grill!
unnamed (7) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Remember those sanding blocks I printed a bit back? Well I thought they were too lengthy. So.....................I cut them in the miter box with the wood saw. I couldn't justify wasting ALL that time & material to throw them away, so I modified them POST print!
unnamed (5) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 10-01-2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: edited to issue credit where credit is due