Thread: JBC limited NZ
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JBC limited NZ

made a start on another project that has been sitting in the shed for a while now, the mighty KAT excavator.....
I know its lightly built and basically rubbish, but I think I can make it a little better than when it arrived.
The base was slightly bent and a little wobbly, just too lightly built.

a $80 purchase of a 3mm thick steel half sheet and the job begins

Im going to use the same set up as in the rc4wd excavator as I have all the parts already.
I have ordered 3 large ecs,s for the tracks and turntable , now its just a matter of making it all fit inside.

I used the original base plate as a template for the top half and reproduced all the other panels and welded them together to give it some more rigidity

wasn't happy with how the way the main boom rams were fitted , so added an extra mounting point to stop any possible twisting.

need to sort a few panel gaps , also instead of a counter weight at the back I may make a built in oil tank to save a bit of room for the electrics.

a new bucket and quick release is also in order as is rebuilding the track set up.

but first mission is to get it digging for the summer and the youngest will be happy.

basically I think I will be using the KAT as a template to build a whole new excavator.