View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 02:47 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

I just got one more coat of paint in the corner of the front room where building materials were moved from, then build a high workbench that I'll stand to use on occasion... then call an electrician. Once the entire shop is powered, then I'll start moving in and adding new tools...

I barely started harvest Thursday on winter wht & got rained out same day... too tough to go yesterday, currently it's cloudy & 19C... gonna go out & try a different field in a few hrs that I desiccated 3wks ago, the outside round & draws that were full of weeds, if that does go (120ac worth) - that'll likely be all I'll be doing till the sun shines with 25+ temps. The 7day forecast doesn't look good with a lot of cloud & chances of rain... I hope it's wrong.

Weather just not cooperating yet with a lot of rain thru later August. Everybody with different crops, whether it's yellow peas, lentils, even some early planted durum have been harvesting sprouted grain... the winter wht field I started in, the sample is 13% sprouted - automatic animal feed grade. Big yields again this yr with +15inches rainfall since planting, but quality is starting out poor.

Joe