View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Driven front axle options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf McBride View Post
Travis: (or whomever has done this, like Willy & Joe)

What about the flanges on the axle casing? Do the casing halves that are being used have the flange/edge that overlaps (malke side?), or the other one? I ask as if it needs removal, it can be used as an alignment assist, right?

Yes they are fanged and that is why I said you will need the hobby knife. Only one flange needs cut off the other will be for alignment.

As for 'alignment', to assure that the 'throughput' pumpkin matches with the central piece, and the gear-mesh inside is ok, you just bore out the screw-holes (as you'll either have two bottoms with no access, or two tops with no thread to grab), and use long bolts and nuts instead, and it'll line up sufficiently well?

You will be using two identical pieces molded with the same holes so alignment will be no issue.

If no-one has done a good step-by-step, mebbe I should do one when I do it, for the archives and all that, hm? If there is one, this is a ~great~ place to put the link to it.

It is a simple mod and you are only trimming one piece to make it so there is not much to show.

And lastly: how well do the TLT & Semi axles compare width-wise (assuming the same rims/tires all around) and gear-ratio-wise? I don't want a nasty issue with a semi rear end, mismatched to a TLT front (Can you put the gear-guts from one into the other and vice-versa to maintain ratio?)

The TLT, tractor truck, high lift, cc01, and cr01 all use the same gears. With the same rims on a TLT and a semi axle the TLT will be a lot wider. You will have to be creative to get the offsets of the rims to work.

Sorry for all the questions, but when I get onto sommat thats been bugging me for years, I tend to run with it.

WhiteWolf

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11