View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 06:04 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

"Surveyer", hadn't considered that aspect of it Mark, funny

I figured that too Tom, how tiny the 850 looked in that pic... where the hoe sat in that pic, I need to dig down another foot or so yet so I walk through without ducking... and the weather the last week has been just single digits in the negative, which is notably warmer now in the tunnel too.

Ahhh, it's great to have found a cdn source, RobotShop, for my hobby supplies. Placed an order Thursday night, order arrives to my mailbox inside of a week

October I had tried to tighten up the backlash in the swing, one of the reasons for the slop was these four bolts came loose, but tightening them up again didn't show that much improvement.

Currently, with the stick perpendicular to the boom, side to side free play is about 2 inches at the bucket. A couple yrs ago when I snapped the output shaft, I had another planetary but it was the wrong ratio, so I just swapped out the output shaft. And now there's lots of side play in the output shaft that's contributing to the excessive free play. New motor & planetary.

Also wondered how much the crown gear has worn in 5yrs? Hardly noticeable, but there is a little.

While trying to pry up the crown gear I discovered a bit of freeplay in the round housing's connection to the bridge, the bolts came loose & now the holes oblong a bit... drill & tapped for 4mm thread now.

A handy magnetic light to help with mating the house to the u/c again

Keeping the swing motor pinion tight on the crown while I tighten the 3 bolts on the plate

Done! No more side play

Next is rewire the quick coupler.

Joe