View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Before I forget, the support for the rear locking mechanism of the TGX is not replaced by a part in the electronic package. It becomes part of it. Anyway, good of Christian to point that out, if it needed to be replaced would have been a pain later on.

===========================

The first cabin parts go on the frame, they are the rear part of the fender for the front axle.

The slot in the rear side is to attach the side covers if one has those.

Attaches to the frame with 2 screws

Next up is the exhaust. I went for the V8 one for this truck. I had hoped I could get one of the servos for the diff locks in there instead of in the fuel tank, but that is not going to work out. Not enough room and the plastic parts won't be able to take the strain.

First step is to glue the exhaust ends into the plastic part. Didn't need to glue them, they fitted very tight to the point that it is very difficult to get them out.

Next, one of the pins on the back of the V8 cover needs to be filed down.

The plastic sides are slotted into place. The exhaust is designed to take the loudspeaker if one so decides. When you don't put the speaker in there, you have to insert the supplied aluminium plate.

Then the back cover goes on with 4 self tapping screws deep down in those holes.

The support bolted to the frame

Exhaust bolted to support with 4 self tapping screws (I did use smaller ones than those supplied because that way is easier to remove the bit when I paint the frame)

Next I will put on the rear fenders so I see how much room I actually have on the sides.

Last edited by Rakthi; 11-21-2015 at 11:04 PM.