View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Nice work Reg!
Your attention to detail on this truck shows how much this build means to you. ( and the fact you hate the detail work )
We have all been amazed during this build and it's nice to see it all continue and include the final touches

Thanks for keeping us posted and I hate to see the day you post the 850 as officially done

Mario
Thanks Mario, It has been a fun yet challenging build for me. I think the interest this truck has received both on the net and with some local "Old Timers" has given me the extra motivation to keep focused. All things must come to an end though and to be honest this is getting really close. Some details I will never know if I got right or not because there just isn't many pictures of the real truck. I still intend to build a low-bed for it and some time in the future it may get some sound and or smoke...just trying to get a clip of a "Buzzin Dozen" in action. A bit of a challenge in it's self now with all the modern 4 stroke engines replacing the green leakers...that and I am on the wrong end of the island to see any of these trucks in action.

I made up some steps for the frame behind the water tank. In the pictures I was loaned yesterday you can see that it had one on the drivers side...passenger side is a guess...some had both, some had one, and some didn't have either...I guess no one will ever know for sure anyway because the truck is long gone and the guys that worked around her don't remember or are gone too.

some new pics later...Reg