Thread: Project 8x8
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 07:56 PM

Doggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project 8x8

Then was the time to use some aluminium profile for the frame. I dont really like it and I will use it only for a prototipe, I want it all in steel for final version.

Then realised I need a transfercase to connect all the axles to the motor. So designed one and started printing

Next thing to do was front and rear susspension. I used really truck photos for the reference. You will notice one fail i my idea of using scale 10 bolt wheels design. When you realise you have 8 wheels x 10 bolts, thats 80 bolts and nuts, and at the time I was happy to find 20 But a 100 just arrived today

Then I had to do the steering, so to make it right I needed to check my ackermann and turn radius.

And then do the steering links

While I was going crazy with all the angles for steering, to chillout and give myself a smile back on my face, I did a simple carrier for my bruder cabin.

An with smile on my face finished steering links

So that is pretty much where I am at right now. I tried to make some drive shafts, just to see all of the wheels move, and test the drivetrain. My idea was to use a 12V dc motor with gearbox on it with 350rpm output. But it seems underpowered. So I decided to go to classic 560 motor and I ordered a tamiya 3 speed gearbox just to test it. But the plan is to make my own gearbox, probably 2 speed, as it seems enough and uses less space.
I wont be working on the truck for a week or two now as I am busy, but for that time I am open to any suggestions or comments, and a good advice for maybe where to find some cool parts I could need.

Hope you like my post