Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Hey All!!

I really didnt like the first A/C unit so I built another one.

Now I got the doors cut off and I am just waiting on my hinges so that I can do my "Special" opening doors.

Rick (Rogue) sent me a box of goodies the other day (Thanks Buddy) and among them was some Wedico seats. I wanted these cause they look sooooo much better than the Tamiya seats. So I got them but in temporarily of course, because I still have to make the Marble floor....

Also in the package was one headlight for fitting purposes...

If you look at the original drawings I was going to mount the headlights on a tube that went in front of the grill. I scratched this idea after getting my hands on the headlights I am going to use. Instead I decided to put them on the side of the hood.

Now the lights come with a short tube (Mounting Bracket ?) so I tried them with that first.

And was not to sure about them. So I then tried it with out the tube, right against the hood.

I liked this better but think they need a little space between them and the hood. So Rick suggested that I use a cone washer.

Boy that Rick...... He is good for an idea now and again.

I decided to tackle the grill last night (because non of my supplies have got here yet, so i have nothing else to do), I removed the bars and built up the inside so that the grill would be moved forward in the grill shell where it is supposed to be.

I then made new bars and installed them, then gave the Bare Metal Foil a shot...

Nice stuff, I just wish it looked more like chrome.

Here is what I got... Not 100% on it so might be ordering a new grill and going at it again.

Well hopefully all my stuff will be here Monday so that i can get started on the house.... I mean sleeper...

-Mike