View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 04:17 AM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Parkinson Heavy Haulage

Hi Sandfarmer

The 3d printer did not come with any design software.
However there is a lot out there to chose form.
I started with 123 Design free and loads of great tutorials out there for it have a look on youtube etc.
I have now progressed to Fusion 360 alos free to Hobby user educators etc it starts with a 30 day trail then you can convert to a free model have a look on line.
This package is a fully blown system and has some great features such as the built in support for exporting files for 3d printing.
Again there are mnay turotails online and even free webinars form Autodesk who make the Fusion software.
One of the great features is that most items in the McMaster-Carr catalog have a 3d model that you can import and use within the Fusion product I have used this for nuts bolts etc great time saver.
In the future i hope to cent a CNC metal mill and the Fusion software supports this with a CAM section to set up the tool paths etc.

So thats my 2 cent's have a look around thre loads of information on the inter net and you dont have to pay lots of money for software.
Enjoy

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.