View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Power on/off switch ideas?

Guys,

I'm hunting for a switch to put on the new conveyor but thought I'd ask for ideas from the engineering brain trust and see if there are any neat options.

I want to add a power on/off to the conveyor that I can turn on and off with the bucket of the dragline or possible a wheel loadert. I'm thinking a simple toggle switch with maybe a short extension on it to make it easy to move and tall enough to reach easy with the bucket. I would mount it near the hopper end.

Don't want to make anything too complicated. I would be ideal if it ran the belt long enough to unload and then shut itself off but then it should be running before any additional material is dumped into the hopper to prevent problems of starting the belt with static load already on it. Some sort of optical sensor would be cool but out of my electrical game.

I am running the motor on a 6 cell nimh battery so 7.2 volts for the motor is fairly important to belt speed but this could be adjusted if needed using different pulleys on the motor and drive drum.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Last edited by Rvjimd; 07-31-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Typos