View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Whenever I watch a latest video of KW logger, I usually mute it, that noise box so obnoxious... don't let me near with a hammer in hand, God knows what might happen
Well I guess it's a good thing you aren't nearby with your hammer or I would probably hurt your ears even more by discharging my shotgun. It does seem much louder on camera than in person. When side by side with the Hayes the sound level is not that different but it does have a more "metallic sound" for sure and I think that's why the camera picks it up more. Oh well, there's no volume control on this one so it is what it is. It needs to be loud anyway because Detroit's are famous for being obnoxious! That's why so many old timers are deaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Pretty cool that you thought of using that to make the sound on the Kenworth most people would have tossed it away years ago! I myself thought you were using a sound module lol...the things creative people think of!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
The sound is pretty close
http://youtu.be/AWoqq61WXGg
It sounds similar at least. I think it's as close as the few Detroit Diesel sound clips I've heard guys load onto the electronic units. I would rather it be electronic as it would be cool if it had the air brake noises and stuff like that but it's also kinda neat to surprise people with what is actually making the noise.lol