View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
As much as I hate to see the dozer all apart, thanks for sharing a closer look at the beauty.
Besides, this is normal wear and maintenance not a case of use and abuse
Sure brings back memories for me seeing it tore apart. I've personally rebuilt 4 D10 dozers and countless D8's over the years. Enjoyed it all. BTW , The link that connects the track frames to the machine is refered to as a " hard bar".
I made the same mistake when I installed new motors on my plastic dozer. Put them to high and now the dozer rocks from front to back when you blade down and causes even more fun when you want to blade up and it takes forever to react until it rocks forward . Will fix this winter for sure.

Anyway, great machine and build Ralph. I can see how much time and effort you must have put into her. I see lots of tiny threaded holes in the close ups

Mario
Yea I'm still on the learning curve and keeping track of what to improve on for a future dozer. The front and back wheels ended up being slightly higher than the rollers. Like you said it would enable the dozer to rock a bit. I did also try and lower the attitude of the front of machine to give a bit more traction to compensate for that with different locations of pins going through the hard bar and now having the back wheels lowered will help more (I hope). Man I would have loved to been beside you when tearing into a d10!! Thanks, it's been a low problem machine so far and like you said just some normal wear. I finally did something right