View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: testing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, IDK

~original

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Thanks everyone ...Fred not quite sure the pixels ..10 i think ..its suposed to take pretty good still photos...I really need to practice on the log loader ...I was pretty rusty today at the train show ..Was having some radio issue as well ...Got a few pic but no vids ...Greg s hitachi worked flawlessly and he was loading railcars pretty fast with not too much coal spilt ...couple pics

back in the grind of build again ..something different this time ..Rob and Greg are looking at hiring a screening plant so heres a little preveiw

Thanks Mog ..Im just going to use a regular 1/16 strip of rubber and leaving the bruders as they are..well its functional and turning ok ..Using a 30 rpm servo city gear motor and that seems to be just right ..Rob tested how much current its drawing and it doing fine ..ran it for about an hour after fiddling with the tracking ..if you look closely i have adjustment on end rollers for both ends ...I use my little Poxom mini mill to make up the belt coupling and a short chunk of cable with a couple of wheel collers

is pretty much my first trummel build and im using a pretty heafty gear motor to turn it ..motor seems to be working fairly hard but we will see when its loaded full of dirt ..I remember my fathers big unit about a 7 foot diameter tube was really struggling when fairly full..We even twisted a drive shaft a time or three ..that little izuzu diesel was smoking pretty black ....Gravel mixed with water feeding sluice boxes ..Water probably helped keep the friction down ..wonder if turning dry gravel is a bit more difficult

this is the unit that inspired me to build it this way