View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 07:29 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10ish Alvis Stalwart 6x6 high mobility carrier, wrongest of the wrong

And then various money shots of playing with it (err, I mean, verifying functionality)

Unlike the PLS, where the crane can only reach about half of the cargo area, this one has enough reach to get most loads into any part of the bed.

We don't talk about wire management; they were tidied slightly before the cab went on. At the very least they're held up out of the way of the winch and driveshafts so nothing will get shorted whilst in use.

As with the 1:1, the crane jib also has a manual extension, so it can reach down to the ground, but that's something you'd use to maneuver a load external to the vehicle, put it onto another vehicle or trailer. The arm gets so long you can't put anything into the bed.

The box in the back has a ton of room for a battery, and snaps closed with magnets (as do the bedsides.) I should prolly do up some exhaust stacks and toolboxes and such for the back corners like the 1:1's, get to that someday.

Last edited by dremu; 08-30-2021 at 01:03 PM.