View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Hey what the... Did you come here last night and steal those hand rail pieces? I better go check because I had the exact looking pieces behind my shop yesterday...lol The best hoarders think alike hey?haha!

I like the hubs! Thanks for 3D printing them. Now I wish I had my own printer even more! Jerk!

I see you changed out the front tires too. Did you have trouble with the first set coming off the rims? I have a set of those and they are poop as far as I'm concerned. They look great but don't fit the bead!
I warned you ahead of time , and time and time again that I was going to stop by when your not home!! Better check out back

Lol!! Sometimes I look at some parts that need made or fixing and cringe at how to machine them or how to set up the parts for machining. Then I realize how easy it is to design them on the computer and in a few min (45 min) have them in hand without cleaning up chips!! Love it!! And am realizing not everything needs to be made of metal. The abs is pretty strong stuff, same as Lego blocks.

And yea tires are the perfect look but just not cutting it for work. Even with the foam which is pretty soft stuff I had some issues of rolling. Plus the added width reduced my turning radius by hitting sooner on leaf springs. It's not that much but a little bit helps. I don't like how the tires on now look like those spare doughnut tires compared to the wides but function wins over fashion for me. I even got bead lock wheels but they were even more narrow than the steel wheels I have on now. Ugg, oh well my collection of spare parts grows