View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Here ya go reg some more thought about 3d parts!! So far the only thing I think I have to buy or bought will be the angle iron, didn't have enough for the length. And motor. Speaking of motor , what speed should a conveyor be running at? 100rpm? 75? Everything I have runs like 1200 and up. I don't know if I should go the gear head reduction motor or chain/belt reduction drive. So give me some idea of what target speed I should be looking into. I don't know (yet) if I'm going the rc rout or going to a dial hard wired. Probably going to be shore powered so it may be hand dial for speed increase/decrease. I'm planning on moving about 2yards of cracker dust/ screenings to level under a 14 by 40 deck. Will be the perfect job for the rc stuff. And am planning on making two of these conveyors. Maybe 3, still have to get to post office yet Mario . Xmas presents lol!!

And trying to keep it simple, the rollers are loose on shafts that just slide together. The middle shaft cannot come out when the side roller shafts/rollers are installed. I don't know how long things will hold up but acetal rollers on steel shafts should hold up pretty long. At least for a good bit of my use. If rollers rub on sides of housing I could always throw in some thin bushing/washers, the plastic kind.