View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 01:57 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Jobs Projects n Site Ideas

HLooking for ideas to use in planning a project, or jobsite. I'm a builder and really enjoy the planning and construction of models but am starting to think about what to actually do with my equipment when Im ready. It's not hard to see what some of the creative guys here have done and what are doing out there, but I was thinking maybe a thread with ideas and concepts for planning projects could be a cool spot to realize what your dream sandbox could be.

im not very imaginative and am amazed by little setups for example like the mound at previous Cabin Fever meets. The planning of the roads up and down the hill, where the dirt is being dug and loaded and where and why it's that way.

Im thinking in the big picture I want a mini mine in the backyard to play around in with different areas of interest.I need ideas on layout of a job site or mine with haul roads and passes, a purpose and goal would be a plus and would seed the need to create new machinery out of necessity. Creative structure of the mine is what I need help with to make it something other than a hole in the ground.

Pics or layout drawings of road system, layouts, trench projects, pits, staging, loading, stockpiling etc. are helpful and encouraged and would add a lot to the thread for others looking to plan something as well.

Thanks

Last edited by JDH429; 04-06-2015 at 02:07 AM.