View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Steve, on your links for your rail, as big as your tractor is going to be you may want to go with a double pitch chain. Not sure what your pitch scales out too but you don't want to have a pad setting on two of the links because you would have to weld both links to the pad and then you stand a chance of the pressure when going around the idlers or sprockets breaking a weld. It would be simpler to just weld one link to one pad. I started out with the same chain as you but was apprehensive of the weld giving away.
Using the doulbe pitch chain you will hit every other tooth on the spocket as well saving wear and tear, and it is flat on the profile side giving it a smother ride. Just my 2 pennies.
Joe you mean something like this ?

I had these laying around for a couple years . my pitch scales in 1:12 to .875" this is #60 double pitch . By going with these I'm 10 links shy of what I'm supposed to have (39) also , I have them , just need the bars welded to them

well you all can see this is what I did today And yes ,I'm going to attempt to run this on 1 motor and make It steer like the real machine . It is going to be in 1:12 to make sure I can get some guts in it .

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.