View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 01:42 PM

John-SoCal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help 4200 xl

Another couple of possibilities.
Keep in mind as you read this, you have purchased a really cool, well built machine. Once you get the bugs out, like with anything new, you’ll have loads of fun! Over a year ago, out of the box my 4200 ran great for about 10 minutes then the hydraulic pump seized. The fix was fairly easy. I noted that I could not turn the pump motor...at all. I disassembled the pump and found that as the pump warmed the clearance between the gears, housing and housing cover were too close. I removed the gears and used about 600 grit sandpaper..on a perfectly smooth surface..and in a rotational motion took half a thousandth off the side of the gears. Reassembled and I could turn the motor with very little resistance and the rig worked great again. If you take too much off of the gears it will cause low pressure hence slow movement due to hydraulic oil slipping by the side of the gears. No worries! Take the pump apart again only this time take half a thousandth off of the case (making sure you take material off evenly). Doing so will close the gap between the housing/cover and gears. You can do this over and over again until you have very, very slight drag on the motor when everything is reassembled. You can do this process throughout the life of your excavator...or any other rig you purchase with a hydraulic pump.

If you have four servos, one will be the, what I call, “proportioning valve” and the other three will be up/down, in/out and bucket. It appears to me that the proportioning valve opens equally with all other valves as you run the machine. I had a servo fail within an hour of using my machine and things ran slowly and all screwed up. Check to see that all servos are doing their job. One...like the proportioning servo/valve, might be dieing...or dead. Search online for a new one...buy two or three because they will fail...eventually. End note: Well engineered machine with hiccups that you will overcome then thoroughly enjoy. I have the Excavator, Wheel Loader, Bull Dozer and Dump Truck. Love them all and work the heck out of’m. Oh yeah, like the other guy said, check all your endpoints and and stuff like that on your radio. I find that the biggest pain… I like the mechanical part of this HOBBY.