View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 05:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First attempt at lights

Usually i'd want want to split each color of Led into a seperate parallel branch circuit from power source, then tune each of them with a resistor

Easy fix would be get another one of those limiters, put white seperate.

Their site suggest running it all as a Series stack, but i don't think you're pushing enough volts to do that. 2v (limiter) +2.2 (red) +2.2 (yellow) +3 (white) = 9.4v or more available

Can you draw the circuit, to take a picture?

You need to add resistance on the red and yellows, so that it's closer to resistance through white (it's more about raising the forward voltage available to reach what white needs to operate).

You could also try to stack another led in Series with them. I try not to get too deep into how to do series leds, it leads to a lot of confusion for everyone with Series/Parallel circuits. You can try 2 or 3 reds in Series, then Parallel those to a White.

If you keep each part all Parallel, then something around these values should get it running. It's not an absolute value at all, it's just a safe area. You can Add resistance to Dim, and Lower resistance for Brighter. Go too bright and it WILL smoke the led.
150 ohm White
220 ohm Yellow
400 ohm Red

Last edited by frizzen; 08-17-2020 at 06:12 PM.