View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 12:22 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

The difficulty with the left door turned out to be my own fault for over tightening the screws on that side ...

Assembling this cab needs a totally different approach than the AROCS one. Have to be way more careful and take your time with adjusting tension on screws etc.

Here the missing pics from yesterday:

As you can see same principle as the AROCS. 2 hexagonal openings to hold the nuts for the screws used to attach the side panel. The hole in the middle is for the wind deflector that will cover the holes. Note the 2 little pins that fit in the holes on the front part so the deflector will line up perfectly.

Wind deflector - this bit is in plastic.

Inside of the front where the bottom hinge of the door fits into.

Door adjusted - and with the black sticker applied.

Next is the roof and here I ran into a temporary hold ... the LED for the position lights and the indicator on the side of the cabin are missing. ScaleART already informed me they will send them, but this will take a couple of weeks ... So for now I will just test fit the rest of the cab.

Roof outside and inside. The small holes are for the sun visor, the 2 big holes are for the rotating lights.

A quick fit revealed they were not joking when they inform you in the manual to loosen the screws holding the side and front panels together.

Here the roof with the recommended hardware to bolt it in place. The little key things in the front have to do with the front window. Just one little problem, all the screws were too long. The M3x8 should be M3x6 and the M3x6 should be M3x4 ... Used left over screws from the AROCS, but didn't have M3x4 for the little key things.

I also did not glue the 2 small position light covers in place yet either.

One of the rotating lights

Opened up

Roof installed. The wires of the rotating light are supposed to go behind the attachment points of the roof, but since it all has to come off again didn't bother with it. Those wires are so thin, they are a pain.

Because of the slope of the roof there is some air between the roof and the beacons. Christian (Newcomer_2) sorted that on his TGS by putting some thin foam under it. Doesn't really bother me, but I will keep an eye out for a suitable material.

Got the back panel out too, but didn't get around to installing it yet. Was surprised it was in plastic.