View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 04:03 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Had some time and did a quick install of the electronic support module.

First the bottom plate goes in. Didn't have to cut or file anything, fitted like a charm.

This bottom plate bolts on to the 2 holders installed a while back.

Then follows the rear box that will hold the battery and electrical distribution board

When doing the final install, the 4 pieces have to be bend over. Then a screw through it to bolt onto the bottom plate.

Following step is bolting one plate on each side to the stainless steel plate that holds the air filter and locking mechanism of the rear of the cab.

Forgot to take a picture of it because getting those plates in place was colourful language moment.

Then followed by a tray so there are 2 levels for the electronics. So plenty of room compared to the Arocs.

Bottom supposed to hold the ECS, receiver and sound module, the top level the light module. Since I have the Commander bus system, I don't have a light module. Plenty of room.

Also straightened the front bumper by lengthening the bars on the front coupling.

Picture of the back so I know what needs painting

Now take the lot apart, paint and re-assemble adding all the missing bits like servos, cables, propshafts etc ... still need to come up with a solution for the rear lights too.

Might be a while for an update ...