Thread: Wa 500 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wa 500 Rebuild

Rctech, thank you

Whitewolf, I'm using some of the original parts so I wouldn't have everything to reassemble the original for use. Not sure what ill do with the left overs.

Nate, Some milling has been done to certain areas of the plate mostly on the radiuses to help make the bend.. Like the curved section on the upper rear of the front half. I do also think some flat plates could have been stamped but don't know for certain. I would think to cut costs in manufacturing the possibility is high. And to bend all the angled plate for the kit by hand seems unlikely and more probable that progressive stamping would be the typical method of manufacturing.

CDM, the original assemble may have been rushed... I def would have done some things differently.

Morockn, thank you pal. I'm anxious too. I hope it comes back together nice.

Mario, thank you! Very cool to read that. I'm enjoying each little project that all come together to finish this build. I'm no master but appreciate the comments and support, I just happen to be familiar with the process and machines used here. I am lucky to have such a nice shop. It's cool when I can use the tools for a fun project like this.

Claus, a save indeed! Thanks for commenting, very appreciated!