View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 12:51 AM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
LOL you should be all primed for a fresh start....
Ha! I see what you did there!

So for the most part the paint work is now.....finally.....complete. The chassis got some gloss clear, but not as much as the body did. That just seemed to make more sense to me that the frame isn't quite as pretty. Anyway, here's some pics...

An overhead shot of the Axial t-case.

I need to get the 5th wheel's orientation corrected. It's leaning the wrong way again!

Interior floors going back in. You can see where I hacked it to clear for the raised transmission.....which was required to make room for the front driveshaft.

I'll need to build a center console to cover this up when I finish out the interior. I don't plan on having side windows so the interior will need to be fully detailed to look realistic.

Looking like a truck again. The front needs to come down about 1/4", but I've got a few options on how to address that.

Here you can see how far the front tires stick out from the fenders. I'd prefer a narrower track, but I'm okay with this.

But to keep the front and rear track widths proportional I think I'm going to make some 1 or 2 mm spacers for the rear. It'll be subtle, but it'll also provide some space between the tires, which I think will be a good thing, appearance-wise.

Oh, one other thing I did tonight. The hub bore on the Lesu wheels is super tight and with just paint on the hubs, they would get scratched up when installing them. I couldn't have that so I bored the wheels' center bore ever so slightly. This angle makes it look worse than it is. It actually looks good and nicely centered in person. At least now the wheels can be installed/removed without scratching up the hubs.