Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Howdy everyone!!

Well in between dinner at my home for my family on Christmas Eve, and then dinner at my brothers house with all my family again along with my sister-in-laws family on Christmas day, I managed to get a lot done. (Since I am such a social person...NOT)

I really did not like the fenders being up so high, don't know why I put them there in the first place, but anyway I lowered them down to where they are supposed to be and then made the outer lip of the fenders and the front fender support.

If you were to look at the drawing of the truck you would see that the front fenders wrap down to the tire line on the sides.

I also made the filler panel for behind the inner fenders.

I rebuilt the hinge for the hood and now the hood opens fully over the bumper as it is supposed to. the only down fall is that there has to be a larger gap between the bottom of the grill and the top of the fender than I wanted, however if I want the hood to open like the 1:1's then that is the price I have to pay.

I also got a BUNCH of holes drilled.

There are the nine on the top of the cab, and the nine on the top of the sleeper. Yes I know the middle and the one to the right are to close together. That is a lesson learned about using worn out drill bits. I had a pilot hole but the point was gone on the bit and it walked on me. I made the holes oblong just a bit and should be able to get them mounted at the right space with out noticing it. Then on the cab I copied the slant of the windshield into the mounting of the lights and got them so that they should follow the windows, all except the last two outside ones of course they came so close to the last outside stock holes that if I tried to drill exactly where they should be it would have wound up in the stock hole anyway so I put it there. I don't think it will be that noticeable when finished.

Ok here is how the lights will be:

48 On top of each side of the sleeper. 96

48 On the light bars under the sleeper. 96

27 Under the doors and on the filler panel. 54

14 On the back of the sleeper. 14

15 On the rear bumper. 15

18 On the top of the cab/sleeper. 18

1 Pervert light on the mirror. 2

1 Bumper light. 2

6 Stop, Tail, Turn lights on the back of the Whale Tail. 6

For a Grand Total of 303 Chicken lights on the outside of the truck alone.

There will also be lights inside the cab. There will be lights in all the gauges on the dash along with a left and right turn signal indicator and a high beam indicator. Then there will be accent lighting under the truck.

Good thing I have room for batteries.

And the 14 on the back of the sleeper.

I also got some better pictures of the mirrors Lynn made for me.

I have changed the plans a little bit and I will not be putting Brian's steps on the truck. I am going to take a styling Cue from my friend Jeff England (Owner of Pride Transport) He had a Pete that he entered in the '03 SLC truck show (The same show I entered my JFI, white and purple truck in)

They are hard to see because I was taking a picture of something else and not focusing on the running boards and steps, plus they are black, but anyway I am going with something like these.

So that's it for this weekend.

Please let me know what you think about what I have done with the fenders.

Or anything else for that matter.

~Mike~