View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: clifford show roadway project

The area that he chose to give us puts us smack in the middle of the park that way everyone can find us. The area is all grass with a little uneven spots i mean after all its a park.the area we were in last year will probably be where we will be again this year. Its not too bad but i think the biggest issue here is the boards were curling up from the heat.you have to expect that because its cheap pressed wood which is exactly what it says...pieces of wood pressed together.i think if we all chipped in got some plywood and a decent way to join them we would have no problems this year.that and keeping off of them or if you need to walk on it..pick the middle of the board and not at the weakest part which is the joints.plywood is very stiff and strong and a solid thickness which will give the clips/screws something to bite into and it will be thick enough to withstand warping from the heat.thats my opinion. Laying it out on the ground will be fine. Any uneven spots under it will be fine because plywood is stiff and its only our trucks running on it and the plywood will stay rigid.if we are going to do this we need to plan the layout and get together a few weekends soon as weather gets good and build it.if we spend alittle bit of money and do it right. I am sure we can reuse it over and over again not just for clifford but for all of the venues that we attend