View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:49 AM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Western Colorado

I've jumped in with both feet! I have a Knight Hauler on the way. I decided to go with a 6 channel radio system, a Tactic TTX650 paired with a Tactic TR624. I went with the Tamiya TRU-302BK ESC. I also ordered 8 RC4WD Roady 1.7" Commercial 1/14 Semi Truck Tires for the drive axles, Ball Bearings for the axles and tranny, 2 Duratrax Onyx NiMH 6C 7.2V 2000mAh Stick Standard Plug batteries, a Duratrax Onyx 200 AC/DC Peak Charger, 3 Futaba S3004 Standard Ball Bearing Servos, and a 24x36 cutting mat to get started, all from Tower Hobbies. I played the "loophole" game, and split it into 2 orders that came out to just over $399 each, in order to take advantage of a $70 discount, thus saving me $140 total on the above. I've also got an RC4WD 4:1 gear reduction unit on the way, direct from them. I also won an eBay auction for a Lot with a Tamiya Animal guard bumper, a Tamia Roof spoiler, ( both for a future build, or possibly to sell), and a Tamiya Tractor Truck Electrical Unit Set, the precursor to the MFU's I guess, as I don't want sound, YET. Now I just need to get an idea for my color scheme I'll use for my entire fleet, as I grow. I'm really stoked to get started! I'll TRY to post pics as I go, but no promises. Lol