View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Fourth Protocol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CROSS RC UC6 6x6 Ural Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo10032 View Post
I got the upgrade kit installed on mine. If anyone is interested in ordering one let me know, I have not figure out a price yet. It comes with metal ball joints and better links to replace every single link on the truck, new hardware to rearrange the front steering bar to the back side, assorted different screws, metal dampers (from the Tamiya trucks) to limit the suspension downward motion to avoid damage, and 3d printed parts to replace the flexible parts on the rear suspension. The printed parts use coarse sheet metal screws, they bite into plastic so much better then using fine pitch metric. I already stripped one of the stock parts out that used the fine pitch into plastic.

The dampers are a critical part of the upgrade, they keep the axles from bending downwards. If you notice in my videos when I tried to test the strength of the truck the tires had so much traction the axles would actually bend under the vehicle, this upgrade prevents that, aswell as prevent any damage from trying to crawl over large objects.
Hi. Working on mine, so am very interested in the rear suspension stuff you spoke of. Not bothered about the metal ball joints, links or steering mod (the difference is very marginal). Are these up for sale yet, and if so, where?

Cheers, and thanks also for those build/review videos - they helped me decide between this and a Beast II.