View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Reg, those small clamps you use, where do you get it from? have never seen something like that before, looks handy. Do they have good grip?

Fully agree that forum like this can help and encurrage modeller to do more and new things. Have also got good help from other´s here. Funny about your friend from Denmark, guess there ain´t any of these KW arounf there!

Thanks for sharing
Dan
The clamps are from these guys here. Mine came from a local tool store so I'm sure that you could buy them local as well. Anywhere that carries autobody stuff will probably have them. They do have a lot of grip for what they are just don't get them too hot or they warp. Oh and don't forget to buy the pliers to open them...

http://search.eastwood.com/search?p=...core&view=grid

It is quite interesting that someone from the other side of the pond would have such an interest in Canadian logging equipment. He has travelled here several times to attend shows and photograph equipment(mostly off highway trucks). He is also a model builder but in 1/87 scale. I find it crazy that this hobby has introduced me(verbally) to people all over the world in places I will never see. Pretty cool!

Reg