View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Today, due to weather it was a very short day at work! Nothing wrong with that once in a while. I took advantage of the time to tinker in the garage a bit. Since I still don't have the parts for the D5, I worked on the 574 Front End Loader a bit. I soldered the leads to the drive motors, & got the rear axle mounted on the model.
unnamed (21) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
My axles are now 1/2 an inch wider then the stock axles. I wasn't anticipating this when I started this project. Due to the lead I added into the rims, & wanting to make sure it was WELL sealed, I the epoxy work I did was a little too much. No worries, I'm still going to run them. I've too much time invested in them to NOT use them.

I would have liked to got more did today, but I couldn't. When I got home to start on the project, my drill had a dead battery. I plugged it in, before I started the soldering work. By the time I got everything out to solder, & performed the task, the drill had a lil charge to it. It had just enough charge that I could drill the holes in the stock rims, as well as the ones in the bottom of the model for the mounting holes.

I know the bolts that hold the assembly to the model are horrendously long & hideous looking. I SHOULD have used between a 27mm to 30mm long m4 bolts, but I've misplaced them. I was ONLY able to find the 35mm long bolts that I used. I tried to cut them off with a pair of dikes, but CAN'T get far enough back in the jaw of the tool to get proper leverage to make the cut.

unnamed (22) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 10-17-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add ALL the photo's, & typo's