View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stupid mfu that keeps shutting down

Since I got into this hobby not long ago, all my radios have been 2.4 ghz. The first had digital trims so couldn't run the extra functions. The next had analog trims and I got all functions but the unit can have its bad days. Very sensitive, do something too quick or if everything isn't just right , you can't switch modes.
I have learned to deal with and can recognize when something isn't right but I knew if my wife was going to enjoy the hobby and enjoy her truck I needed something more reliable.
I heard that FM radios work well with a MFU but require an antenna unlike the 2.4 . I purchased a Airtronics FM radio for her truck.
I am absolutely amazed at how well and trouble free this radio works on this truck! All commands work on first attempt, engine never shuts down on its own! So easy to run! And the antenna issue was easy to deal with.... I secured the antenna wire to one of the exhaust stacks. As far as I see it, the stack is copper, not sure what the chrome may effect but, so far so good ( indoors )
For almost a year I just didn't know any better and lived with 2.4 issues. Never again, I will be switching my truck to FM also! .....
Anyone looking to buy a couple 4ch 2.4 radios??

Mario